1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail address book

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by megangiselle, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. megangiselle

megangiselle Thread Starter

I have XP home. In transferring my data from old hdrive to new, something went horribly wrong. I had to reinstall my software and am having trouble finding and recovering my files to the new drive. The data was saved on old hdrive, but it is in 'safe mode', and I cannot access the files except through Search. I've recovered a lot of my data this way, but can't seem to figure out how to get my address book entries from my Incredimail on the old drive into the new one. As a matter of fact, I can't find the address book in Incredimail at all. Anyone got any ideas?
    I have e mail addys in there that I don't have anywhere else.
    Thanks!

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

All I can do is tell you were your address book WAS on the drive ...C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\IM\Identities\{GUID..32 character "word"}\AddressBook\AddressBook.imb..<----This assumes a default install location of course
    If you can't browse the drive searching for *.imb should bring them up

3. megangiselle

Thanks for the pointer! I'll check it out tonight.
    Keep your fingers crossed that I let it install in the default location. :rolleyes:

Or, I'll try Searching for the *.imb suffix. (y)

4. megangiselle

Sorry! jwbirdsong, RL gets in the way, with a vengeance! :eek:
    Just now able to act on your suggestions.

NO GO
    tried to search the path you indicated. Files come up, but when I click on them, they disappear! ?? :confused:
    tried to search for *.imb, but I get "this is not a valid Incredimail file" when I try to click on them. :eek:

I tried choosing "all files and folders", then C:\ drive - it brings everything up. But when I try to scroll through the list, they all disappear! :(

I'm snookered. :mad:

5. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Do you have your computer set to "Show hidden files & Folders".. If not do this:: Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files and Folders....Then browse to you old Addressbook.imb>Rt. Click>Copy...Now go to your current Addressbook location "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\IM\Identities\{GUID..32 character "word"}\AddressBook\AddressBook.imb" Rt. Click addressbook>Rename>change to addressbook.OLD>Rt. click an empty area in the same folder>Paste.....That should copy your old book to the new location...Incredimail will have to be CLOSED when you try this...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!