1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail Doesn't Open Anymore!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TxsChef, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TxsChef

TxsChef Thread Starter

When I try to open Incredimail either by the desktop icon or the .exe file, the envelope icon blinks quickly in the bottom right corner and the program never opens. I have uninstalled and re-installed and nothing helps. Also disabled firewall and virus programs. Any ideas? I am kinda stuck here.
    Thanks,
    TxsChef

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Is this the first time you've tried to use Incredimail, or have you had it for a while, it used to work, and this just started?

3. TxsChef

TxsChef Thread Starter

Hi Laura and thank you! I have been using Incredimail since it came out and I keep saying I'm getting rid of it but never have the time to move all my mail elsewhere.
    I haven't made any changes to my machine or downloaded any programs. I have also run numerous virus and trojan detectors. I am totally stumped. :confused:

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

When you uninstall it, are you doing the typical uninstall from the Incredimail's Uninstall option and that's all, or are you doing a clean uninstall?

5. TxsChef

TxsChef Thread Starter

I do a clean uninstall and also double check my registry for leftovers. I have also re-downloaded several times.

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Just to check, have you tried installing it and rebooting? I seem to remember this happened to me once, and after fiddling with it forever, I finally rebooted simply because I was out of ideas and 90% of the time, this fixes whatever is having a problems, and yup, it did fix the Incredimail-not-opening- problem. ;)

If that doesn't work, then try Start > Run > Incredimail.exe and see if it will start. If it does, then delete your icons from the desktop and the task bar and create new ones from Incredimail in the programs list. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do that.

7. TxsChef

TxsChef Thread Starter

It responds the same way. Just a flash of the icon.
    I guess I'll just use Thunderbird. I can convert my emails to plain text and save them in Text Shield. I'll be 90 years old by then!! LOL
    I'm going to delete the entire Incredimail and pretend I never heard of it before!
    I certainly appreciate all your help!! (y) Thank you!

8. onlyjoby

onlyjoby

Under windows 98, I had the problem that when I tried to open incredimail - it would blink as if trying to open and then nothing. I tried all the scans and uninstalls and reinstalls and repairs with no change.

What worked finally - is oleaut32.dll in my windows system folder was the incorrect version 3.5. If you do a "find" of this file on your computer, you'll find it most likely in more than one location. The version in the windows system folder is the culprit only.

I went into DOS and deleted the file in that folder only and transferred a copy of the copy that was in the windows folder to the windows system folder and incredimail is back.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/391088