1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail links

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lizinaz, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizinaz

lizinaz Thread Starter

On another computer I have Incredimail, the free version, I have just recently upgraded to Windows 98. When I receive mail messages with links in them I cannot go to the links. I get an error message that says, "Windows cannot find PROGRAM.EXE. This file is needed for files of the type, url:hypertext transfer protocol." I'm thinking that Incredimail doesn't know to use Internet Explorer to open links. Am I right? If so, how do I tell Incredimail to go there? Under that error message there is also a dialog box with C:\ and 3 options below; OK, Cancel, and Locate. If I click Locate I get a 'Browse for folders' window that only shows me folders and not any files. In my C:\ directory I have this path that I think Incredimail needs to go to; C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE.
    But, I don't know how to tell Incredimail to use IE to open links. Please help!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice