incredimail problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nbnurse95

hi,
i'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I've been using incredimail for a while now and suddenly started getting an error message everytime I tried to open it. The message is:

MICRSOFT VISUAL C++
RUNTIME LIBRARY
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\PROGRA~1\INCREDI~1\bin\IMAPP.EXE

Then a few seconds later:

IMAPP.EXE-APPLICATION ERROR
The instruction at "0x73dd1004"
referenced memory of "0x005410fc."
The memory could not be read.

So, I uninstalled incredimail, re-downloaded and re-installed and sure enough I get the same error messages.

I don't understand why it worked before and now won't work. Is it the program? or my computer?

Any advice?? (I would really like to keep using incredimail if I can. Unless anyone knows of any way to have those cute e-mails with Outlook Express???)

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you installed Visual Basic 6.0 SP5? You can download and install it from here.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suggesting reading the IncrediMail terms of service. After you do that, most thinking folks decide to simply remove it from their system and use a different email client. Do you really want to use an email service that reserves the right to use your email in whatever manner they see fit? :rolleyes:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I agree. IncrediMail has become problematic over the past couple of years and is now full of spyware. (n)

Triple6

Rob
Setting aside the "Terms of Service", its also just a really crappy program and best avoided all together.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Once you uninstall it, make sure to get rid of its leftover files and registry entries.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online