1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail purge retrieval

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by magentaflame, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. magentaflame

magentaflame Thread Starter

Hi guys I'm new here and it looks like I'll have a huge amount of questions after reading through the board.

without going into a lot of detail .....my estranged husband purged nine months of incredimail emails .....these emails are extremely important to me. He was my 'server' for my domain name so all emails went through him (I think that's how it works) from his hosting site.

could someone tell me how I can possibly retrieve these emails? or do I have to send the PC away to have them retrieved. Is it possible?

thanks in advance

2. helpful

helpful

Did the emails ever get downloaded locally on your computer? How did you access the emails?

If the emails only ever resided on the server, the only hope to retrieve the emails would be through the hosting company (which may or may not have backups).... however since he is the administrator the hosting site would only listen to the request from him.

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

If the emails were in YOUR Incredimail program, then yes, they can be retrieved.

4. magentaflame

oh thank you, thank you, LauraMJ...i owe you a box of choclates. yes they were on my PC, and sitting in my inbox list.

Okay how do I do it please?

5. magentaflame

BTW I can't send emails i'm recieving them but can't send any, an error notification comes up and I've fixed it before but this time round it simply will not work ....does that mean he's dumped me from his server?

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Well, the easiest thing to do is see if they are in the Incredimail trash folder. While I realize this seems "obvious," you haven't actually said if you've checked it and here at TSG, we've learned to ask the obvious. :D

If you are receiving them, then I don't think that he's dumped you from his server. IM has to access SOMETHING in order to be getting emails in, so I believe your account may still be there. Most likely he's changed the outgoing settings in your IM, or he's changed the outgoing server.

However, in light of what's going on, I do suggest you get a gmail or other free email account and notify the people important to you so they can start using that instead of your current one. You can access gmail from any computer, even the library ones. ;) I also suggest getting your domain changed to a new hosting company. RadioTower is owned by the same person that owns this website (TSG) and is an excellent company with outstanding customer service. :) They can assist you in moving your domain.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!