1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sgiroir, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgiroir

sgiroir Thread Starter

Help,Help,help I have been using incredimail for about 1 year and 2 days ago I downloaded a language program which needed a couple of win 98 upgrades. did it and now my incredimail won't open. It flashes on the taskbar but won't open. I have now spent 16 straight hours working on this problem with no luck. I have reloaded win 98, incredimail, uninstalled any program that I have downloaded in the last week to no avail. Please help me All my emails are stuck in this program, there has to be a way to get it open. i just don't know how to do it. Don't know if it is the mail program or a win98 problem.

2. jameso321

jameso321

That is an Ad supported App. correct?

I wonder how much tech support the author provides?

What did you find when you visit the authors site?

#############

Some of the people at one of my client sites took it upon themselves to install that App. and I am like uh oh what's this!

jameso321

3. sgiroir

sgiroir Thread Starter

They don't seem to offer any support, i received a auto generated reply and have searched their site and about a million others trying to figure this out. There has to be someone who has had this problem or can figure it out.
    Yes it is ad supportd to my knowledge

4. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

When you un-install IncrediMail, it leaves lots of junk in you registry. It seems that leaving that junk in the registry sabotages any attempt to re-install it successfully.

After un-installing, you may have to use a registry cleaner to get rid of all the IncrediMail entries. I use a free one from HoverDesk called RegSeeker. Use it to do a registry search on the word "IncrediMail", and delete anything it finds. (It will likely find more than 150 entries!)

Then, perhaps, you can try re-installing it.

But I would seriously consider not using it. If I remember correctly, all your e-mail goes to their server and they keep a copy of it. Their privacy statement says they reserve the right to do whatever they wish with your mail.

5. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

Hi again Sgiroir. I received your "private message" asking me if you will lose all your mail if you un-install IncrediMail.

I personally don't know the answer to that. I am posting my reply back here in the thread that you started in the hope that someone else can answer that question for you.

It is usually a good idea to keep posting your questions in the thread rather than in a private message. That way more people have a chance to read it, and you have a better chance at getting a quality response.

6. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice