1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by markwalker, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm using Incredimail as my E-mail client. When i ask it, it downloads three of my email address at once (Yahoo, hotmail, BTinternet) evrything has been working fine.. BUT... somehow a spammer has got hold of my yahoo address and i am now getting 100 (yes one hundred) junk e mails everyday just to my yahoo address.

I've noticed when going to yahoo's inbox via the web they have set up a junk folder which al this junk goes into.... Good but why does incredimail download yahoo's inbox & junk mail???

Hope this makes sense to you....

Cheers

PS. I think there may be something up with your search engine. I've searched on Incredimail and it states there are no hits. Even with my message I've posted here.

Mark

2. markwalker

Anyone.... please help.....

3. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

Incredimail is holier than a swiss cheese where security is concerned and Incredimail also keeps copies of every e-mail you send so if you want to send something you'd rather no one can read at will... don't use Incredimail!

It can also be considered mallware... does it still come riddled with spyware?

1. SpyWare phones home and shares all of your contacts and sending and receiving times/contacts info/size of e-mail.
    2. Customer Support. IncrediMail customer support consist of cashing your check.

From Incredimails very own privacy policy.......
    GENERAL USAGE PATTERNS
    IncrediMail may gather information related generally to Users' use of the Software, Service, and Site including without limitation:

The number of Messages that a User sends;
    The number of Messages that are read;
    What elements of the Service are most often used;
    User log-in dates and time; and
    Message size data.

This information, which will only be collected and maintained in aggregate, anonymous form, will be used to, among other things:
    Provide IncrediMail with a better understanding of how Users use the Service and the various features thereof;
    Help IncrediMail to create and provide new services and offerings to Users; and
    Conduct and publish aggregate, anonymous, market research results.

COMPUTER SETTINGS
    IncrediMail may collect settings, technical and other information from Users' computers, such as a computer's operating system, IncrediMail and browser versions used, connectivity, various communication parameters and other information related to the operation and interaction of the Software, subject to the provisions herein. This information will neither contain nor be linked to any personally identifiable information.

Look on IncrediMails web site under the partner tab. Oh lookie...It's Commision Junction. Read all about 'em here... http://pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/q/qksrv_net.asp
    Read ALL of Incredimails privacy policy. " We reserve the right to modify our privacy policy at any time." So what does this tell us? We have all your information and today we promise not to share it. When and if we change our mind we will sell all your personal info to the highest bidder.

4. prospect

prospect

WOW! :mad: I didn't know that.

5. sidvorak

sidvorak

Wait till you realize that incredimail offers no way of exporting your email if you decide to switch to another email client... :mad:
    Anyway...there is a program that will convert indcredimail mailbox files to .eml files that any email client can read...
    Get it then switch to thunderbird. It's free, it starts faster than incredimail or outlook express, it's stable, it has tons of features and it is secure.

Waving smiley faces are great, but no spam or spyware is better! ;)
    Cheers,
    Simon

6. markwalker

Thanks for that Sidvorak, I've done what you said but i can't seem to import my files into thunderbird, i've downloaded incrediconvert.

also my address's from incredimail... can't seem to import them either?

any help?

7. sidvorak

sidvorak

Unfortunately, the process is a bit convoluted. But after it is done you don't have to do it again and you get to enjoy the great email client that is Thunderbird!

Anyway, use indrediconvert to convert all your incredimail folders to folders with .eml files in them.

If you have outlook express installed you can select the .eml files and simply drag and drop them into folders in outlook express. If you use alot of folders for organization this process could take some time.

After all of your email have been dropped into outlook express close it and open Thunderbird. Use the import function under the 'Tools' menu. Choose to import mail then choose outlook express from the program list. When importing is done you can drag and drop the imported folders within Thunderbird to organize them better. Don't forget to replicate any email filters you had setup in incredimail.

If you are used to using just your basic inbox, sent and trash folders, this process will be a snap. If, like me, you filter every email to different folders, you might have spend a few hours getting everything just right. However, it is well worth it as Thunderbird is really a pleasure to use.

Have fun,
    Simon

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice