1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incredimail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Emtronics, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Emtronics

Emtronics Thread Starter

I have downloaded Incredimail. I was looking for a simple e-mail program (for free) to replace OE6 which seems to transmit and catch virus' like a bad rash. At any rate, Incredimail is very similar in operation to OE and will import messages and address book with no problems. You can pay $29 and get PREMIUM Incredimail which removes the small ad banner and allows for skin changes and some other small features. The program does work and looks rather cool, a welcome relief from the sterile OE6.
    The program seems stable but somehow spooky. They have upgrades for "bug fixes" it seems every 2 days from their site which also makes me nervous. Has anyone had any experience with this e-mail program? The "spooky" remark makes no sense I know, but like Scotty on Star Trek, I can feel something different when it runs. It seems jerky at times. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

LadyLisa is the only one I know that has/had it. You might give her a holler.

3. hewee

hewee

4. Gnosisless

Gnosisless

If the program makes you edgy, you might want to try a tried and true favorite, Eudora.

It's available at

http://www.eudora.com/

in three versions: A free one with ads, a light version with fewer features but no ads, and a pay version which is, I think $40 or $50.

5. SkyEWR

SkyEWR

I use incredimail and love it. Every so often it gets a little cranky and shuts down with errors..but just starts right back up. I love all the stationary that you can download off the net for it. Id say I have been using it for the last 8 months or so...and so far so good.

Sky

6. Emtronics

Emtronics Thread Starter

Well, I must say that I think it's a resource hog to the max. I don't like the fact that although you can import messages from OE and Netscape, there is no export option. Also, you can not log off an identity. You must, when using multiple ID's be on one of them. Incredimail has lost my KEY 3 times in the last month. It reverts to the FREE copy and you must enter the whole registration number all over again. Incredimail sent me a fix for this via e-mail. From the reviews I have read on this at ZDNet, I am not alone. While the program has never crashed on me, some strange stuff has happened while using it that makes me believe that the program is unstable at times. Their site has had updates weekly. It does look nice and the little features are cool, but I find that the animations don't always arrive to the e-mail's address. I have sent e-mail and the backrounds don't always make it either. (I can understand this happening to AOL users) Some e-mails have been returned "This server does not accept e-mails with embedded objects" I think that refers to the animations or even the backround paper. I run a fast processor at 256 RAM and Incredimail sucks the resources right out of my computer. I do appreciate the comments and if it works well for you, and you can accept crashes from it, then be happy. :D I am still debating on if I should re-install it or wait and see what updates come out for the next few months as I am never gonna see my 29.95 again. Guess I'll just step into the booth and pull the rope! :)

7. SkyEWR

SkyEWR

WOW..I never did buy the full version...I really didnt think it was worth it to be honest. Ive never had email return..other than for mistakes on my own behalf. I dunno...sorry you have had such a headache with the full version...at least now I know its not worth buying it!! lol

Hope everything works out..

Sky

8. Emtronics

Emtronics Thread Starter

Neat...now you know why I am pulling the rope in the a** kicking machine. :D BTW, the paid version just allows skins, previewing of mail on the server BEFORE downloading, and NO ads. That is all.

9. SkyEWR

SkyEWR

Not that it probably matters to you anymore..but the latest version of the free incredimail also allows you to preview mail on the server before downloading also. Maybe they gave up making that a full member benifit since people were getting peeved! lol

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice