1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

@indows & pages extend below bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Barrym, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Barrym

Barrym Thread Starter

I am running Windows 98. When I have application windows floating in the "Restore" setting, as opposed to minimised or maximised, Windows does not set the bottom of the widow to conform with the size of the screen. The window extends below the bottom of the screen, and when I scroll down as far as I can, I still can't get to the bottom of the window, so I can't get to the bottom to resize it by dragging it up . How much I miss depends on the size of the window, or the page if I am viewing a web page. The only way I can see the missing part is by maximising the window. Often when I do that I see that a third to a half (or more) of the window or page had been obscured.

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Click restore, this should make the window smaller. Then on the titlebar line when you get the double arrow, click and drag it down to a smaller size. Then click on the titlebar itself and drag the whole window up. Repeat this until you get to the bottom of the screen, at which time you can resize it the way you wish.

3. Barrym

Barrym Thread Starter

OK thanks Doyce, now it will be easier to live with the problem. But what I am really hoping to do is solve the problem. The OS should restore windows to a size that is smaller than the screen - I shouldn't have to manually resize a window every time I open IE.

4. Dark Star

Dark Star

"I shouldn't have to manually resize a window every time I open IE."

You will not have to, as long as you drug the window to the full size of the screen it will open to that size from now on.

DS

5. Barrym

Barrym Thread Starter

Hey, it works! Thanks folks. I'm going to go and get a paper bag to put over my head now.

6. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">When my windows are out of sorts, I drug them fully. :p</font>

7. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

(which is all the time for her)

Your welcome Barrym. :)

And welcome to TSG :)

8. john1

john1

I wish i could inject some speed into this old wreck.

9. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

john1 ???

10. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Doyce: <i>Very</i> funny. :rolleyes:

John: Very <i>funny</i>! :p</font>

11. john1

john1

I meant this old Dell XPS P60
    not me
    some of these pages take half a min or so to load.
    Maybe a bit more ram might help.

Still i'll try anything...

12. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Got it. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice