1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ineed help with this

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by roho, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roho

roho Thread Starter

When I have a link in my Windows Live Mail and I click on it, I get a drop down saying this:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel."
    "
    can someone tell me what to do? I go to "Start" and "Default Programs" but don't know what to do from there. Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What kind of file (what is the extension) is it?

3. roho

roho Thread Starter

I don't know the extension. All I know is when I get email with a link in the mail. When I click the link, Instead of going to the url of the link I get. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel." I went to default programs and the is all kinds of ext. under one option. I am very confused.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Give us a sample link. Sometimes error messages are extremely misleading.

5. roho

roho Thread Starter

This is a line from one of my emails. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us. Contact us is a link in the email. When you click on it you get the message above. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel."

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice