1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inetcpl.cpl files gone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kierstyn, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kierstyn

Kierstyn Thread Starter

I am missing my inetcpl.cpl files I am getting an error message on the computer when I try to use IE. When I try to use the Chrome it doesn't do anything. I am currently on a replica computer. Same running windows and same SP ... is it possible to extract these files from this computer to a bootable disc and put them on the other computer? My internet options are gone. I try to do a system restore but the system restore is blank when I open it up.:eek: I am at a loss and I need that computer because I have all my stuff for work on there for scheduling and payroll. Otherwise I would use this one. Please can someone help me. I don't have the disc anymore for the windows xp and I can only access my email on that computer now.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Is the error message "inetcpl.cpl is missing"?

Is the error message appearing when you're trying to open Internet Options?

Have you ever been able to open the Internet Options on that specific computer?

Is this your personal computer or a corporate/company owned computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067147