Inexpensive laptop for Photoshop CS5?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cetaceous

My desktop workstation kicked the bucket a few months ago and I'm going through Photoshop withdrawals.
Can anyone here recommend an affordable laptop that could handle running Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5? The one I currently have is small and weak and can't handle much, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on a new computer. Even something older that's reliable and could handle those two programs would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Edit:
I got some good recommendations a few months back for workstations/desktops in another thread, but we have recently moved and now a laptop would be a better option for me, so it is laptop recommendations I am looking for at this point. Thanks!

TechSupportPenguin

Daniel
Banned
What's up Cataceous? What really matters is the graphics card for graphics applications.

What is considered good performance varies from person to person, so an estimate of your budget would be highly valuable to finding you a good laptop.

How much are you willing to spend on this laptop? How much storage do you want it to have? Screen size?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
CS5 runs just fine on my HP g6
PS would load a lot faster if my g6 had a SSD like my desktop.
If I needed another laptop, I'd probably go looking at W7 Refurbs again

Last edited:

Cetaceous

Well, even affording a $2-300 workstation is a stretch right now, so am I right in assuming at this point that a laptop is going to cost more for less capability?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online