1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infared/Mouse Control problems with networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frogpb, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogpb

frogpb Thread Starter

:confused: Hoping someone can give me an answer to why my husband is able to control my cursor from his laptop in another room. Have wireless network. Called HP-my new pc mfr. They said to call Netgear-Router Mfr.-Netgear said not their problem. I have two products. One is PC Concepts Airboard Mgr. Keyboard. Other is Wireless infared Mouse Contro.-Yahoo-no other mfr name lised. Cannot locate any reset buttons. Spoke to Networking company, man said signals are crossing and I need to re-set my keyboard/mouse receiver and Yahoo receiver. Would this be the only answer?

2. vboccio

vboccio

That may work or there may be no answer if the signals for your keyaboard and network are on the same frequenct you are out of luck, You may be able to chnage the channel by going into the routers configurations and changing the channels that it recives information on wireleslly . Your husband will have to chnage the channel he is reciving on so that both are on the same channel this may fix the problem . You instruction book should tell you how to do this.

3. frogpb

frogpb Thread Starter

NETWORKING WASN'T THE PROBLEM. CHANGED OUT MY MOUSE CONTROL THIS EVENING PER A SUGGESTION AND IT FIXED THE PROBLEM. WE BOTH HAD SAME IDENTICAL MOUSE CONTROLS AND I THINK THIS WAS A BIG PART OF IT. I AM GOING TO GET A RADIO CONTROL WIRELESS NOW.. THAT SHOULD WORK. IT IS JUST UNFORTUNATE AS I REALLY LIKED THIS OTHER ONE.
    THANKS FOR ADVICE.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice