1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infected and cleaned Advances Virus Remover- Starting only in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by soorajsagar, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soorajsagar

soorajsagar Thread Starter

Hi,

I have been goin through and taking help from various threads here and I appreciate every person who is supporting others in some way or another .. THis is a great team work. Kudos to all.
    Coming to my problem, My Computer Acer 1640, Windows Home edition, with 512mb was infected with Advanced Virus Remover. Initially disabled every Windows utility of my computer and then my system went dead (black screen). Safe mode was no better. Eventually one day, my lap gave me a desktop on safe mode and i went on to create a new user with all administrative rights. This might sound stupid, but i am not a computer whiz and jus did thing my way. Then using the new user, i went into registry and also local services. In local services i was able to start my McAfee and run a scan. Although this was not that helpful since my networking was not available, it did motivate me to look further. Eventually one day, I could get my internet working in safe mode. I downloaded Malwarebytes and it cleaned up most of the rubbish. I still was restricted from using Systerm restore and many other functions but using registry edit, i figured to activate system restore. But my current problem is that i am not able to log on to windows normally even though i tried doin the same using F8 option.

I wanted to restore my system to a previous date and get it runnign properly and this is possible only if i can log bak to windows normally.

pls help

I appreciate eveyrone who has taken time to read thru this, thank u

Sooraj

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/859605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice