New Infected SD card, safely remove pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jplj21

Recently went on a three month trip to SE Asia and have 2000 pictures on my SD card waiting to be backed up. When I plug it into the computer it says that it is infected and recommends that I allow it to be fixed. However, I am terrified that it will erase all of my pictures in the process. Is there a way to download my pictures safely? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Its a 32 gb SD card that I plugged into my Windows 10 computer. Ive tried other computers too and it gives the same warning about malware on there. The malware file is saved as a screensaver (didnt download any screensavers).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online