1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infected WinXP 64-bit with "System Fix Virus" & "Privacy Protection Virus" (Malware)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by DeviantART, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeviantART

DeviantART Thread Starter

The System Fix Virus & Privacy Protection Virus hijacked and infected my system: WinXP (64-bit). They've caused my default web browser to change frequently (each time I reboot my PC). So I've been having trouble getting rid of all of this malware/viruses from my system, since I use Windows XP x64.

ComboFix.exe and TDSSKiller.exe are not compatible with my Windows XP 64-bit system. So how do I get rid of the malware/viruses from this computer without those apps that were made to get rid of the following problems on other Windows OS's?:

The latest version(s) of ComboFix and TDSSKiller don't work on the 64-bit version of Windows XP, but they are compatible with other versions of Windows: 98, XP, VISTA, 2000, 2003, 2008 and Windows 7!

1. System Fix Virus (the first virus that affected my Windows system, 2 days ago.)
    2. Privacy Protection Virus (behaves almost exactly like the aforementioned virus)
    3. Google-Redirect Malware (redirects all my searches to this site: 63.209.69.107)

Thanks in advance to ANY users for helping me and others with this malware/virus problem: I understand and read the previous pinned-thread about the revelant malware/virus issue that Windows-users solved with the programs I've been unable to install on my system. The aforementioned malware/viruses began to infect my PC on December 14, 2011 (since that day, I haven't found a single anti-virus program that can detect the Google-redirect malware/virus on my system).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice