infected with backdoor, changes desktop and passwords please HELP!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomazi8

i was browsing the web for a dvd decoder and was unfortunate to come across a site which when clicked on downloaded 28 files, which i later found to be viruses and spyware, i have norton and microsoft anti-spyware running and they found the files and removed 27 out of the 28 files, i cant remove one of them please can you advise, the virus name is (backdoor.nibu) and it is located in in the WINDOWS folder inside the c drive, the virus has changed my desktop background and it is unable to be changed thats all i can tell you that it ha done, but when i researched the virus i found that it can do a lot more from http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.nibu.e.html

thanks in advance,
tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online