1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infected with Troj_Generic.adv

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Deltoid_, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltoid_

Deltoid_ Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I've been plagued by a trojan for the past couple days and I'd really appreciate any help on how I can get rid of this.

To make it short and sweet:
    - Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium
    - Running Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. No other antivirus software in use as far as I'm aware.
    - Trend Micro scans identify multiple files infected with Troj_Generic.adv
    - Trend Micro keep telling me it's blocked rundll32.exe in my Windows/system32 folder because of Troj_Generic.adv

What I've tried:
    - Updating my Trend Micro and running a full system scan. This removes some infected files, but leaves others.
    - Running the Trend Micro antivirus scan in Windows safe mode. Removes infected files that the above scan couldn't, but on restarting my computer I still get warnings about Troj_Generic.adv
    - Using System Restore to a date when I know my computer was fine. Still hasn't helped.

HijackThis log is shown below, together with a virus scan report from Trend Micro.

2. Deltoid_

Deltoid_ Thread Starter

I realize everyone here in Tech Guy forums are extremely back-logged so I've taken my request to another web forum.

I suppose it's only fair that this original thread be deleted so that I don't receive help "twice" from two different places.

Thanks.

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Thanks for letting us know! (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice