Infinite boot loop, even safe mode won't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

disinfestator

Okay, here's the deal: Two nights ago i was incredibly bored and I downloaded an old DOS VGA version of The Oregon Trail from the-underdogs. I used VDMsound to run it, and everything seemed to work alright until i got sick of the game and tried to quit. It locked up, i used ctrl-alt-del a few times, got impatient and stupidly switched off the computer just as i was being dumped back to windows. When i turned the computer back on, i was given the "safe mode" prompt, so i chose to start in safe mode. It then showed that list of system files(?) it was loading until it gets to "d347bus.sys" and asks if i want to press escape to skip loading it. Regardless of whether i press esc or not, it moves on to "SPTD.sys" and asks the same question. After i press escape (or not), i get a black screen, then the computer restarts again back to the safe mode prompt. If i try to "start windows normally" i get to the Windows XP loading screen, the progress bar moves a bit then the whole thing restarts again. Safe mode with command prompt, safe mode with networking, last known good configuration, none of these work, they all result in this maddening infinite loop.

I am currently writing this from my work computer, as my personal PC is now totally incapacitated. I googled these "d347bus.sys" and "SPTD.sys" files and determined that they have something to do with Daemon tools, which was running at the time of the original problem but i wasn't using any programs that were related to the image that was currently mounted. So, any ideas?

disinfestator

Okay, so last night i tried repeatedly pressing F8 at startup and accessed a different safe mode menu with more options. When i chose to start windows normally, it gave me the option to start the Recovery Console, so i did. However, all i got was a blue screen with the following error messages:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

*** STOP:0x000000ED (0x86331430, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts