1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infinite boot loop freshly built pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jeremy94, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jeremy94

Jeremy94 Thread Starter

Hey all, I’ve tried every step to troubleshooting my issue but I had my friend build me a computer and had him test out after he was done(it worked completely fine). It gets sent to my house and all I had to do was put the processor and cpu fan in. Now it’s stuck in an infinite boot loop where I can’t get anything to display on my monitor. I’ve pressed F2/F11/Esc/Del. All the normal keys to press to bring up BIOS screen. Keep in mind that this worked for my friend when he pressed f2. I’m out of ideas and I just need your guys‘ help on just some other troubleshooting ideas. I’ve replaced the cmos battery and even reset the cmos but the same problem is occurring.

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please list your specs :
    CPU:
    Motherboard:
    Ram:
    SSD/HDD:
    GPU:
    PSU:
    How did it work at his house if it was missing a CPU and Heatsink cooler?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    So he tested it with a CPU and fan but removed what worked when he shipped it?
    Did you purchase the same CPU that he tested it with?

lynx1021 likes this.
  4. lynx1021

lynx1021

I had to ask!
    :)

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I will be the smart...
    Some boards will "Work" without a processor or ram. Some high end asrock, asus, or gigiabyte boards will pw ON and allow you to flash the bios without having a processor or ram installed. The only thing necessary is to have pw applied to the board ie 24pin and 8/12pin connected.

plodr likes this.
  6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Thanks. I would not expect that!

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yeah it is a relatively new thing. I think the first board to do this was the asus crosshair VI hero.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice