Infinite boot loop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

YaBoyHsoj

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem but my computer can't get past the motherboard boot up screen (the one before bios). The windows loading circle comes up and sometimes, after a few restarts, the windows automatic repair try's to prepare however never loads. I've tried lots of different solutions in the windows repair in advanced settings but none of those seem to solve my issue. I've checked all my hard drive connections to my motherboard too and that isn't the issue so I'm really stuck.

YaBoyHsoj

I've tried putting install media on a usb and booting it but it just says reboot and insert CD or something like that.

That sounds like the installation media was not created correctly. If you simply download the file from Microsoft onto a USB flash drive, it won't work. You have to download two files from Microsoft. 1) The Windows 10 ISO file and then their Media Creation tool. You then use the Media Creation tool to extract the ISO file onto the USB flash drive ... and now it will be bootable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online