1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infinite reboot cycle

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Daniel Choe, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daniel Choe

Daniel Choe Thread Starter

I've had an infinite reboot cycle for the last 3 days now, and I still cannot figure out why. I have been looking at other cases and are quite similar to mine but not exact. This is my problem

I have XPP and one day my computer got a BSOD. Then through out the weeks it had a few (5-6 maybe) BSODs. And one day I started up the computer and it went to the windows splash screen, the logo, and rebooted itself. Being frantic on my 6 month old computer, I let it reboot by itself...and it went on like that for a while. It continues to ask me if I want to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, the last good known configuration, or start windows normally. I have tried all of the options and they lead me down the same road...infinite and continuous rebooting at the logo. Also I tried the whole F8 jazz and ALL those choices also lead me down to the same thing. I started looking online to see what the problem is and found every case almost identical except for one important thing... with my XPP Service Pack 2 CD, it will not be read. I went to my BIOS settings and changed the boot sequence to the following: 1. CD/DVD Drive... 2. SATA.... 3. Floppy Drive 1 . And even when it is in that order I still cannot get the wizard to show up to help me. I have no idea why but it won't. Please help!!

*When I disable the restart thing on error to make it BSOD this is what I got
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME...(other stuff not needed)
    STOP: 0x000000ED (0x86cB2E30,0xc0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000

AMD Athlon X2 4800 XPP
    1 GB RAM
    1650 Pro XL graphics Card

2. bbearren

bbearren

If you're using just the Service Pack 2 CD, and not the XP installation CD, it won't boot. The Service Pack CD is not bootable.

3. Daniel Choe

Is there anywhere online where I can get the XP installation CD? (for free)

4. bbearren

bbearren

Not legally. You might try asking the source of the computer for an installation CD.

5. Daniel Choe

actually windows XP gives you one but it requires 6 high density disks... what are high density disks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice