1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Infinite restart loop with 64%

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by newhamer, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newhamer

newhamer Thread Starter

I was fresh reinstalling my windows 10 onto my HDD as I encountered an error preventing me from booting the computer up, in the end I found it was my new GPU causing this error (a dead GPU?). So now my computer shows an error message: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error during installation of windows". I looked this error up and it told me to press shift f10 to open a console and to type regedit in and to find status on local machine, changing the number from 1 to 3. I did this supposed fix, however, now my computer is in a infinite restart loop, displaying the windows 10 installation at 64% and then restarting again...?

Please help me solve this issue

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

How did you start the fresh install ?

3. newhamer

newhamer Thread Starter

Actualy the pc seller started it to get rid of his files but when he showed me it was normaly instaling from 1% but we did not wait

4. newhamer

newhamer Thread Starter

Actually the seller did, but when he showed me the pc it was normaly instaling from 1%

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not just start over? Boot with your win10 install usb or dvd. Delete ALL partitions on the disk and have setup create partitions and install. Done.

Before doing the above, go to the support site for your hardware ie motherboard, video card, etc. Download whatever drivers you need. In addition, download whatever utilities you normally use ie ccleaner, irfanview, your AV software, etc, etc. Place all of these on a flash drive or usb type external. Having all of the drivers, utilities, etc in one place makes an install go much easier.

Do understand that deleting partitions on the disk will destroy ALL data. If there is something you need on the disk, make sure you make a backup.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    A clean install of Windows 10 may stall from time to time, so you need to be patient and let it do its thing.

Make sure no optional devices(printer, external hard drive, etc.) are connected to the computer during the install process.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice