Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Info on Win10 upgrade with ISO.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I have now decided to bite the bullet and go for the Win10 upgrade. Before I do I would like to know more about the procedure, Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on the subject.

#4 ·
Thank you for your lightening reply. I'll check on that URL. In the meantime, I must say I am a little confused about this product key. Some articles I have read say I need it and others say otherwise. Could you please advise? By the way, here is my list of computer details.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3542 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 933853 MB, Free - 820243 MB; D: Total - 18503 MB, Free - 2266 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFD
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#5 ·
You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand computer.
What is its model name and complete model number?
What is its exact product number(P/N)?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Your computer has a wimpy processor with a low benchmark score, so don't expect it to be speedy and "snappy".

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

--------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
These are the details you want
Type HP Pavillion Touchsmart 20 all in one pc.
Model: 20f201a
Serial #: 3CR324031Z
Product #: H5Z02AA#ABG

Regarding the box above enclosed with dotted lines and a remark about a wimpy processor - did you insert this or is this some advert or something??
If it is, I'll have something to say to Mr HP.

#7 ·
That's a direct quote from the site flavallee used to check the specs on your processor, NOT an advertisement.

thanks,

v

#8 ·
Type HP Pavillion Touchsmart 20 all in one pc.
Model: 20f201a
Serial #: 3CR324031Z
Product #: H5Z02AA#ABG
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 20-f201a All-in-One Desktop PC
It was introduced in July 2013 in Australia and New Zealand and came with Windows 8 64-bit.
The processor in it is not upgradeable to a faster one, so unfortunately you're stuck with the processor that came in it.
It came with 4 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM, but it supports up to 16 GB, so you might consider adding another 4 GB to it.
Regarding the box above enclosed with dotted lines and a remark about a wimpy processor - did you insert this or is this some advert or something?
I submitted that image from its benchmark score site so you can see for yourself how low it is.
I'm sorry you took offense to what I said earlier, but I was being up front and honest with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.