1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Information about IP address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mikieray, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikieray

mikieray Thread Starter

I hope someone can help here. I have someone that is harrassing me. I believe I have the IP address narrowed down. Is there anyplace that I can go on the Internet to see exactly who this IP address belongs to? I know I can see what provider it comes from, but I'd like to see who the exact customer of that service is.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mikie

2. invalidusername

invalidusername

I do not believe you can to that yourself. You can go as far as the ISP, after that ISP has to give the information. If it is coming from another country it will be difficult. If it is in the same country, talk to your ISP and report the incident to them.

3. mikieray

mikieray Thread Starter

Actually the person is visiting my MySpace webpage. I want to be 100% sure the IP address belongs to the person that I assume it does before reporting them. It would be an embarrassing situation otherwise.

4. invalidusername

invalidusername

I would say the best thing to do is to report to MYSPACE and let them handle it.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

If you could convince them to send you an email....then you could see :D

6. kama64

kama64

Not sure how bad the harassment is, if you feel threatened you should contact local authority.

Other than that, just block the person or make your profile private

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice