1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Information Box

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iNeedHelp412, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iNeedHelp412

iNeedHelp412 Thread Starter

well... my dad had a guy add memory and hard dive space to our Vaio computer. He tried to hook it back up to the flat-screen vaio monitor and a little information box came up that said "Out of scan range: 35.5KHz/86Hz". Now we have to use our really old bulky '96 Gateway 2000 monitor that takes up most of the desk. Is there something I can do to get the vaio CPU to work with the vaio monitor?

2. unbidden

unbidden

Go to the Device Manager

Control Panel - System icon - Hardware tab - Device Manager tab. Scroll down to the Monitor listing, click the plus sign next to (+Monitor). Right click the listed monitor - choose remove - shut the pc down - hook up the other monitor and boot the machine up.

That should do it; if not you may need to reinstall a specific driver for the monitor in question, post back to this thread and we'll take it from there.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion

Sounds more like the refresh rate is too high,

Right click on the desktop, click properties, and in the box that opens click settings, then the advanced button. Then click monitor in the next window, and lower the refresh rate to either 60 or 70 hertz, click apply the ok out of everything. Now try the vaio monitor.

Scorp.

4. iNeedHelp412

iNeedHelp412 Thread Starter

I tried what unbidden said to do- nothing happened, but thanx for trying. Then i tried what scorpion said to do, but when i got to the monitor refresh rate and clicked on the drop-down menu the only option i had was to use the "hardware default setting".

5. unbidden

unbidden

Check the software that came with your computer and look for the driver for your monitor. If you don't have the cd, go to the manufacturers web site and download the proper driver if one is available.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/406319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice