1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Infra Red Nightmare

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stoo.gould, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stoo.gould

stoo.gould Thread Starter

I'M TRYING TO CONNECT MY NOKIA 8210 TO MY COMPAQ PRESARIO LAPTOP VIA A MA-600 INFRA RED ADAPTOR. I CAN GET IT CONNECTED USING LOGOMANAGER, BUT WANT TO CONNECT TO THE NET AND CAN'T GET MY COMPUTER TO DETECT MY PHONE. I'VE TRYED ALMOST EVERYTHING, INSTALLED THE ADAPTER ABOUT 100 TIMES, CHANGED THE SETTINGS ETC. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

2. pthres

pthres

That's pretty much the reason I didn't buy an 8210, after doing a bit of research and contacting Nokia themselves I bought the 6210. The 6210 has an inbuilt modem whereas the 8210 does not. Nokia recommended either 6210 or the 7210...........

Hope this helps

3. stoo.gould

stoo.gould Thread Starter

I WAS TOLD BY MY SERVICE PROVIDER THAT THE 8210 HAS GOT A MODEM. INFACT I HAVE ACTUALLY CONNECTED TO THE NET VIA IT, BUT ON MY MATES LAPTOP WHICH HAS A BUILT IN INFRA RED PORT, I ALSO HAVE 3 OTHER MATES ALL HAVE BUILT IN PORTS AND USE AN 8210. THE COMPANY I GOT THE INFRA RED ADAPTOR FROM HAS TOLD ME IT IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT USING AN 8210, BUT A RIGHT ***** TO SET UP. JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS MANAGED TO DO IT. HELP ME BEFORE I PULL ALL MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

4. ppollock

ppollock

i am trying to conect the nokia 8210 to Dell Inspiron--but it seems I cannot find a driver that works with XP. Any available?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!