Inherited Account Unknow on new Computers joining domain.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joswoody

Hi,

When I join my computers to a domain, they inherit some "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN (SID)" security groups on them.

1) How can I check what groups are being inherited and have control on what is being inherited?

2) I thing that these are old groups which have been deleted and can be deleted? Am I right on this?

Thanks,
Joseph

where exactly do your see these groups? Usually when you join a machine nothing is pushed until the first logon, so it is either a logon script or a GPO

joswoody

It is in the Security Permissions of The computer Account.

It shows as Account Unknown(S-1-3-21-2 etc etc)

Inherited From: Dc=domain name,DC=local

Thanks.

TonyB25

Banned
The only thing I can think of is Group Policy. Did you go through all of those settings?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online