Initial start with new equipment, same mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Duke88

I am using the ASRock Z170 Pro4 LGA 1151 with an i5 7400, DDR4 ram, SSD and GPU. I turn on the PC and everything runs fine. I have the Windows OS USB plugged in so I can install it and get working. It doesn't send a signal to my monitor, it doesn't let me in the BiOS.. I'm confused and getting annoyed because it seems I have done everything right. I tried resetting the CMOS but that didn't help.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Where did you get this USB with the OS from?

USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Sounds like you can get into the bios if the USB is not plugged in, but once you insert it you can't. Possible short where you plug in if your using the back PC ports (which you should since there directly off the motherboard). But an incorrect bios setting could do that too. The setting would probably have to do with USB or boot. Then there's the possibility that your USB drive is not really bootable and the PC just sits there trying. Can you boot to it on another PC?

Duke88

I was told from a friend that it could be the BiOS is out of date.. he said to put the old CPU in (I had just used this PC a week ago) but I built my wife a PC and used that CPU. So that's a no...

crjdriver

I am using the ASRock Z170 Pro4 LGA 1151 with an i5 7400, DDR4 ram, SSD and GPU. I turn on the PC and everything runs fine. I have the Windows OS USB plugged in so I can install it and get working. It doesn't send a signal to my monitor, it doesn't let me in the BiOS.. I'm confused and getting annoyed because it seems I have done everything right. I tried resetting the CMOS but that didn't help.
It is somewhat difficult to understand your post. Is the system completing POST or not? Can you enter the bios? Do you see anything on the monitor ie motherboard splash screen or POST data?

It would really really help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs. Do not post ddr4 ram; post the exact brand and model# of the ram. Do that for ALL of your parts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online