initiating two programs from the same icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DRWARREN

I have two apps that run 24/7. My user is forgetful and does not always start both. I would like to have one icon that starts both apps so that they run simultaneously.
Anyone?
Ray Warren

You could create a little batch file and then have the shortcut pointing to that.

For example:
If I wanted to start both Word and Excel, I could create a batch file that includes this...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\winword.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe"

Welcome to TSG!

to carry on from Angel's suggestion . . . and put the shortcut to the .bat file into the Start menu so it automatically runs during startup.

if the PC runs 24/7, you could schedule the .bat file as a task to run every a.m. or several times a day just to make sure the user doesn't 'accidently' shut them down

btw - have you considered upgrading your user ? :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online