Inno 3D GeForce 8500GT 512DDR2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MickY G

Hi
I hope somebody can help me here? I have an Inno 3D GeForce 8500GT GPU. Yes, I know it's cheap and nasty but it does the job and is all I could afford. Is it possible to put a decent fan/heat sink on this card please? At the moment, it only has a very small sort of bakalite/plastic heatsink and a very small, plastic fan. I was just wondering if there was a way I could remove that set-up and put a bigger, decent fan/heat sink unit on the card to make it cooler and thus perfom better? As far as I know, at the moment it isnt overheating or causing problems but it's better to be safe than sorry as I intend to start loading and playing games soon and I believe that could up the heat values etc. if anyone could help me and it is possible, could they suggest the set-up I would need please as I don't have the foggiest idea what I am looking for?
Many thanks in advance.

Trust me, I do a lot of gaming, and I own a 512MB GeForce 8500GT, and I haven't had a single problem with heat. Not one.

If this is your card, then you will have no problems at all. Mine has about the same size fan, if not smaller.

You won't need a new cooling system on your 8500GT.

MickY G

Hi Waldo
Yup, thats exactly the same one! Thanks for the advice. Was just a bit worried thats all. Nice little card and very cheap (even cheaper now by about 20 quid)! Cheers mate!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online