Inno 3D Tornado GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP 8X

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anubis_215

Hey
A while ago I bought this graphics card, and I couldnt get it to work, so I took it back to the shop with my PC and they fixed it and somehow managed to get it work. However they never told me what was wrong or how they fixed it.
Anyways I had a few problems with my PC and I had to re install windows XP on it, but now the card doesn't work again.
XP doesn't even detect its there. I have an ECS K7VMM+ mother board, with AGP 4, which is supposed to be supported by the card. I don't know how to get XP to detect the card at all, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

How do you mean, Windows can't detect it? Do you mean that it doesn't have drivers for the card? You're supposed to cancel out of the "Found new hardware" wizard and install forceware or detonator drivers directly from the executable...either the latest that you downloaded previously or using the CD that came with the card. Windows won't have drivers for your vid card so the "found new hardware" wizard isn't going to correctly setup your card.

If you mean that you don't even get the "found new hardware" wizard, try installing the detonator/forceware drivers anyways.

Also, by saying Windows can't detect it, you mean that the card itself works and you can see POST and everything and start into windows but with 256 colors and 640x480 resolution, correct?

Anubis_215

I'm pretty rubbish at expressing myself so bear with me guys ok. Well I mean its as if the card is not in the PC at all wotsoever, I tried installing the drivers as well, and the newest ones from the nvidia site but nothing works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online