InoculateIT PE & XP--for Rollin' Rog

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sparrownightly

Rollin' Rog,
Asking you 'cause I recall you had InoculateIt & (happily) you turned me on to it...any hope we old freebie users can keep it going if we upgrade to Win XP? I heard XP conflicts with a lot of virus scans.
Thanks much

That's a good question; I suspect the answer is going to be no, but I haven't seen anything about it. I'll post back here if I do. As you know InoculateIT is no longer supported at CAI which has replaced it with a similar paid program.

Might be a good idea to ask on the XP forum what they are using, if you haven't already.

As I understand it, they are still supporting existing registered users(as in definition updates). I just updated about a week ago.

Yes, and even an unregistered version can still be updated if one chooses to download it. But will it run on XP is the question :rolleyes:

Del

Hi,
Inoculate has been taken over by eTrust which works great, but so far, not setup for XP. I have it on Win ME and Win 2000 and it works great, they will support XP soon they say. Just waiting for the new version.
Del

sparrownightly

Actually, in the meantime I contacted the InoculateIT people & they said they will NOT be making any modifications for XP---but perhaps we should wait until someone out there with InoculateIT actually upgrades to XP & let's see if it still works (and is able to get virus signature updates).

Del

I have done this! It loads but don't give you the live protection you had before. They say they will support it but no date yet!
Del

sparrownightly

Del,

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't think so...Rollin' Rog and I have the free, older 'InoculateIT', NOT the company's newer fee-based 'eTrust EZ antivirus'.
But thank you, anyway.

Del

When I went to get Innoculate, I was referred to the etrust site which is doing support for the old Innoculate customers.
I tried it with Win ME and Win 2000 and it works great. Not Innoculate, but eTrust Antivirus..
I upgraded to Win XP and loaded the antivirus program and it works and I can get updated signature files, but you can't use the real time feature. They say they will support XP soon.
This is what I am talking about..
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online