1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Input From Two Different Keyboards

Discussion in 'Games' started by RedWolf1, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedWolf1

RedWolf1 Thread Starter

I love MMORPGs and lately have been wanting to try an experiment.

I want to be able to macro most if not all of the keys on my secondary keyboard I have without buying any hardware.

Example: When I press the W key in a game, I walk forward. With the way things are now, no matter which W key I press my character walks forward because all the computer knows is that I am pressing W, not which W I am pressing. I would like for it to be able to differentiate between the W of the first keyboard and the second, as well as with most other keys, so that I can use my second keyboard to line up my skills using a games keybinding options.

I understand there are systems in place that are more efficient and some MMORPS offer much easier solutions, but this is not for competitive play and more for a fun little experiment.

I have heard of Team Player, is that my solution here? Seems like a nice program but I am not sure if it would work here.

I can code, but would prefer not to dig into my system and manually align a few hundred keys to work individually and certainly don't trust myself to create any software myself for this.

2. AmitJindia

AmitJindia

According to my knowledge there is no such way to recognize two different keyboard on one PC.It quite possible that third party application can do that.

3. Chawbacon

Chawbacon

First Name:
    Jack
    Hello RedWolf1,

I have never done this; however, it is my understanding that you can use one USB keyboard and one PS2 keyboard simultaneously. Together, they should act as one single keyboard. Personally though, I can foresee some potential conflicts occurring if both keyboards attempt to use the same drivers at the same time. ;)

Good Luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice