1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Input signal overworking range

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Flora, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flora

Flora Thread Starter

:confused: I have XP Home Office...and I had a very dark screen for some reason so I tried to brighten it. I did this by upping my contrast and my brightness on my monitor, no luck. I thought that maybe I would change the pixels and that might make a difference. I did this in the display settings and promptly got Error message : Input signals overrange ..etc, garbled snowy screen. I have tried upteen times to fix this problem on my own and followed ms directions carefully per their website which was less than helpful. The xp defaults are a little different and I tried them all, I think anyway with no success. Please help!

2. Miz

Miz

You need to boot into Safe Mode (repeatedly press the F8 key as the computer boots up, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to choose Safe Mode from the boot menu you get) and reset the resolution and/or refresh rate to that which your monitor can handle, then reboot into normal mode.

3. Flora

Flora Thread Starter

Dear Miz,
    I did try that, trouble is I don't know what my monitor can handle, we play lots of games with complicated graphics like Omega Stone, Wizards etc...anyhow when I get to the adapter screen I have all these choices and they are all defaults 16, 24, 32 in different categories my min is 640 by 800 and I am pretty sure I tried all three of those...I must be getting close! I still need help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice