1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insalling graphics card on dell dimension 2400

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TAP66, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAP66

TAP66 Thread Starter

Can anyone please help me? I am very new at computers and I am trying to install a new graphics card(Radeon 9250). I had my onboard graphics disabled but windows reinstalls it. I insterted the ATI disc, and I recieved the message,"try to set up with display adapter with standard VGA driver before running set up". Got me. I have a Dell Dimension 2400, 768MB RAM,and I am so unsure of anything else. Please help if you can!!!!!

2. AOU

AOU

Have you physically installed the new graphics card into you pc yet?

If not then you'd be best doing that first. Then Windows should pick up the fact you have a new card and instruct you to install the drivers etc etc which is the point where you install the drivers off the CD that (hopefully) came with the card.

3. TAP66

TAP66 Thread Starter

So that would be my first step? Thank you for the quick reply, this is all so new and it's extremely aggravating not knowing much about computers. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/367774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice