1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insect Got Into My Pc Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolaid, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

there was a flea on my monitor, i tried to squash it but i fled and i think i saw it flew into the airducts of my pc, i think it's ALREADY in my pc, what should i do, is my pc going to fried, i think i smell osmthing burning, but i can't really tell where it comes from, please is my pc going to fry, omg i don't want to lose another pc again, why god damn it why the hell do i get these misfortune, all i did was open a window and those fleas comes in, happens everyday, damn it damn it, ahhhhhhhhh my pc is still working but i don't kow when it'll fry damn it why insects why damnn it damn it!!!!

this is an emergency please reply please i beg you plaeseT_T

2. steven1350

steven1350

LOL

a flea shoudnt harm anything (unless it has superpowers)

its very unlikly that it will get into sensitive parts (like the HD), and i am sure it wont stay in the same place.

Dust gets into all computer and dont really do anything negative.....so expect the same form a flea.

3. seekermeister

seekermeister

Perhaps, because you expect them. Or, I could say that you are making a mountain out of a flea hill.

4. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

but it's an insect, if it got to my motherboard won't my pc blow up? or fry up?

i thought that even if an ant crawl into my motherbard it's enough to fry a pc, exepct now it's a flea, which is worst since it can fly, it's porblely flying inside my pc right now, damn it, i hate those damn bugs, i couldn't stop it it was too fast and it flew in, now my pc is heating up, 45 degrees mb and cpu, it's already frying, damn that bug damn it damn it!!!! are yo usure that won't happen? T_T

5. colmaca

colmaca

get a dog and maybe it will come out :rolleyes:

6. seekermeister

seekermeister

This is a revelation, I always knew my computer had gremlims, I just didn't know they looked like fleas.

7. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

is that your best shot? go ahead make fun of me.

8. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Shutdown and unplug everything from the computer. Open it and blow the dust,dirt and insect out with canned air. Close it up,reconnect everything and problem solved.It should run cooler also.

9. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i just want to kow, can an insect fry my pc.

there's it's just that simple, hopefully ppl will help insted of flame

10. pugmug

pugmug Banned

No, not a flea. It is dead from the heat or fans anyway.

11. MrWizard2U

MrWizard2U

NO

12. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i rememebr hearing from alot of ppl back in the old days complaining an ant got into their motherboard and fried everything, so how come this does not apply anymore?

13. steveb1492

steveb1492

This could. Otherwise, something would have to be a whole lot bigger and go exactly where it would make a short circuit (in otherwords, if a cockroach colony moved into your power supply) it might fry something (but it would probably be limitied to one component).

14. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The voltages on the motherboard are only 12v or less for goodness sake!.

The copper tracks are all coated as well.

If it was several thousand volts you might worry, but a minute insect can (and usually will) be drawn in often during the day by the fans when they suck air out (the air has to go in to get sucked out).

I cannot believe that this is a serious post...

15. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    I've known some people with cockroaches going in and out of their machines (they don't lead a particularly hygienic lifestyle). The only thing that has threatened their computer is their internet browsing choices (three guesses as to what they're trying to download :rolleyes: )

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice