1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insert Key

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lisag, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to computers and really don't know anything about them and I was wondering if anyone might know how to cancel the insert key when typing an e-mail. I always hit that key instead of the arrow back key by mistake and then when I go back to fix a word I have mispelled it will erase letters and type over them and the only way I have found to make it stop doing that is to just close out the letter and then reopen it. Does anyone know how to fix that without closing the letter?? Thanks a bunch!

eddie where are you?? You helped me alot at parkerpc! I need help again!

Lisa

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

there may be a way but I don't know it. I always copy the letter & paste it to a new page when I have a situation like that.

3. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

OMG! :eek: I hadn't even thought about doing that. If I had a brain I'd be dangerous! {{LOL}} I'd still like to know to cancel it some how, but that will work just fine 'till I find out. Thanks SavvyLady:)

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Pressing the insert key again should turn it back to insert mode.

5. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Thanks so much Brooks! I just tried it and it worked! You don't know how long thats been bugging me! Since I can't type I would do it ever single time I would write a letter! :rolleyes:

Lisa

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice