1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insert text in Outlook messages

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rmccafferty, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmccafferty

rmccafferty Thread Starter

Microsoft Outlook. I know how to put a signature block that automatically prints at the end of every email I send. In effect, it functions a lot like a macro inserting predetermined text.

Is there a way to make Outlook print any standard text at the beginning of an email? In other programs I would create a macro to perform the task, but Outlook seems about as user-unfriendly as there is for macros, at least for non-programmers or those of us with limited programming skills.

Back to the question, do you any way to insert predetermined text at the beginning of emails? Or, if this can be done with a Macro, where I might look into creating macros in Outlook? (I do a fair amount of VB in Access and a lesser amount in Excel and Word.)

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Outlook is not really designed to use macros. Now you can use Word as your e-mail editor which does. I also use a program called As-U-Type. It's primary function is to spell check as you type in applications like web browsers. But it also has a very easy text insert feature. For example, you could assign "sig1" (something you would not normally type), to then automatically be replaced with whatever text you assign.

4. ticklyfloss

ticklyfloss

It is possible to create your own email message layout using Forms from the Tools menu within Outlook.

You can use the default message template as a starting point and add controls (much like adding controls onto an Access form).

The form can be saved and published (bit like using templates in word or excel).

Create a shortcut to the outlook form.

This may be easier than trying to figure out VBA.

5. java_momma

java_momma

Hi, I'm sorry to barge into someone else's post, but I have a question that maybe you (or someone) can help with -- how do you create a shortcut to a form directly? I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I have a shortcut to choose form, but I'd much rather a shortcut to the actual form.

I appreciate any help!
    Thanks!
    -Erin

6. ticklyfloss

ticklyfloss

When you create a form you can save it anywhere you like (e.g. My Documents), you can then create a desktop shortcut to it by right clicking the form and selecting send to desktop (create shortcut)..... it's just the same as creatinga desktop shortcut to an ordinary file.

I think this is waht you mean!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice