Inserting A Dvd - Rw Drive And Wether My Pc Could Handle It??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eddstream

i have recently bought a computer a few months ago which came with a dvd+rw and am looking purchase another drive which can do dvd -rw i am wondering if their is anything i need to know when purachsing one like wether it will connect to my pc and wether my pc can handle it ??
i have aspace above my current dvd rw drive which appears to be a dummy drive so hopefully i can place it their and i was wonderin wether after purchasing the drive is it easy to install and insert
??

etaf

First Name
Wayne
it will depend on what spare sockets / PSU you have on the cables and how many IDE's you have

Whats the make and model of the PC

A lot of drives are + and -
how old is the PC

in device manager you may be able to see the make and model of the DVD
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

eddstream

IT SAISPHILLIPS DVD 8801
and is their any way to find out all of the other stuff suc as wether it is a dummy drive and stuff like tht

eddstream said:
but it wont burn to a dvd- where as it will to dvd+rw
any ideas??

try different brand of media.

also use a burn speed that fits the media, as a test try its
lowest speed maybe 4x.

etaf

First Name
Wayne
just out of interest why do you want to burn + DVD's

eddstream

i can burn dvd + i just have loads of discs for - and wanted to get one tht can burn to them and i want to burn some episodes of prison break onto them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online