1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inserting animated graphics in e mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Cherie Gabriel, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cherie Gabriel

Cherie Gabriel Thread Starter

My friend has a mac computer, fairly new. We are both novices to the pc world. We have found a site with free graphics to use in your e mail. I have no problem but with her mac we can't figure out how to insert the graphic into the e mail. She can down load the graphic but we can't understand on the mac how to insert it into an e mail. Can you tell me, in simple terms, how to do this?
    Thank You.

2. angel

angel

What email client and version is she using?

3. Cherie Gabriel

Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean. We both have the same internet server. I know that she has out look express. Does this help?

4. angel

angel

That helps - Outlook Express is the Client.
    I think you'll find there aren't alot of mac gurus here but we certainly try to help!
    I found <a href="http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/mac/apps/oe5/attachments/sending.shtml">these instructions</a> for you. Let us know if that doesn't work or if you have more questions.

5. Cherie Gabriel

We will try this tomorrow and I'll let you know. Thank You so much.

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Are you trying to put something in your signature or in the body of an email? I ask because an attachment should work but there are other ways also. The only problem would be overcoming the differences in systems. I am thinking that outlook express should still operate basically the same.

7. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Since you're new to the computer world, accept this piece of advice. Animated pictures in e-mail messages may seem cool, but they take up a lot of space compared to a standard text e-mail. If you're only planning on sending one or two occasionally, that would be fine, but sending it as a signature with every outgoing e-mail would not be a good idea.

If you have a dial-up internet connection (using a standard phone line), it will take significantly longer to send e-mail. It will also take a long time for your recipients to download the messages.

This would be like sending a birthday card in a refrigerator box.

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I love the analogy.

9. Cherie Gabriel

Thank You both for replying to my question. First to Doyce,
    We cannot find any insert picture. On my computer I have insert or I can go to the bar right above the e mail and click on the last square box that looks like a little mountain. Her mac doesn't show either of these. The only thing it shows is insert as text and then we just get a bunch of jibberish.
    We weren't able to get together today to try angel's suggestion but as soon as we try that I'll let you know.
    And to Max, that was a funny reply. We are just a bunch of girl friends across the country sending silly e mails. We aren't in any hurry. Though so far, I haven't noticed that it takes very long.
    I'll keep everyone updated. I just joined this site and am very impressed with all the help. Thank You

10. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Do you have a format button? When you click onit you may have the background option and in that where you can choose picture. sound, etc.

11. Cherie Gabriel

Thank you all for your help. At this moment, my friend can't even get on the internet or email, so we think it might be her Isp.
    Now, I have another question. My Mother has an older computer, I think a pentium. She has been told that it's too old to get the internet but she does have Juno e mail. We having been writing to each other every night for 3 years. Now suddenly she is unable to recieve mail. She can send an e mail. I am getting her mail. But, she can see that I sent an e mail but can't read it. She just gets the "header". She sees that she has incoming mail from me or whoever but can't read the letter. She tried printing but same thing - just the header. Any suggestions. You people are wonderful by the way.

12. col

col

test

13. col

col

test /2 [​IMG] col.

test /3

14. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I would need more information to say if your mother could handle the internet but it seems odd that she can connect to send and recieve email. It sounds as if the mail may be coming to her as an attachment and only the headers are showing. Let me poke around Juno a bit.

cole....Do you need some help???

15. col

col

yes doyce i tried yesterday to put a screen shot in the post not as a attachment i have not got a clue of how to do it i could not even put the a/ment screen shot in as it was to big.can you help.
    col.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice