1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

inserting .DWF files through an Active X control on my webpage?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by uthanatos, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uthanatos

uthanatos Thread Starter

hello, a small introdaction in my problem
    .DWF if the format that my partner has all his files from the Auto cad, and he wants to publish his work through the internet.
    I tried to get an active x control in my web page and it actually worked pretty well, i had the option to zoom in/out render or even cut or modify the shape that was given to me, the problem is with visitors that dont have the DWF viewer by Autodesk, i don't want to make them download a 25MB file just to view a few files, (although the result is amazing) i am searching the net for about 5 hours now for a proper plug in for IE and/or for Mozilla, but i have not yet found the proper results, and my head is a bit ready to explode atm.
    Has anyone been able to publish .DWF files? and if yes what technologies did you used?

I am olso thinking if i could make a Java applet for this, but i am still a beginer in Java, is there a Java expert around? for start i just want to know if this is possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice