1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inserting Pictures into Excel without Allowing Edit Objects

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Maryx8815, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maryx8815

Maryx8815 Thread Starter

I have an excel sheet that includes our company logo, that I need to protect, so I want to disable Edit Objects in the Protection menu, but I want the users to be able insert pictures into the sections I've created that are not protected cells.

How do I allow users to insert pictures without allowing Edit Object??? This is driving me nuts

2. OBP

OBP

I haven't programmed photos in Excel for some time and I have never set the Edit Objects.
    Are you controlling the picture insertion with VBA or just letting them insert them.
    With VBA you should be able to have the general setting of edit objects and switch it off for a VBA insert.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!