1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inserting text in Word doc using Forms toolbar-text keeps moving as I type

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by school secretary, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. school secretary

school secretary Thread Starter

I'm having exactly the same problem. I want to insert data into the text form field, but I do NOT want the text in the document to move out as I type. I want the data to fit in the underlined space I've provided, without bumping out the characters outside of the form field area. It's been suggested I use the "fixed column width" but that isnt an option I have available. I have Windows XP Professional version 2002, using Windows 2003. No one has been able to answer this question, so maybe the answer is a different application needs to be used, if so, which one?Thanks.

2. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

that is what usually happens if it is just a .wri or .doc that someone has renamed .dot [a template],
    - the 'work-a-round' to that is to 'copy' the text you wish to add - then 'swipe' the 'underlined space' - right-click and choose 'paste' [the text you 'copied'] - or click the 'edit' menu and and choose 'paste' - then you have to 'swipe' it again and 'underline' it
    -OR-
    - 'swipe the 'underlined space' and type the info in - then do as above to underline it again

3. school secretary

Thanks for your quick response. Your solution may actually be the only way to accomplish what I want to do. I was hoping the answer would be a little more user-friendly, but maybe it's not possible to do what I want with WORD. Thanks!

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Insert a frame from the forms toolbar and then embed the form field inside the frame. If you don't want the frame to show just right click it and choose properties and choose no border.

Regards,
    Rollin

5. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    you need the right field a fillin one

6. school secretary

I think that might actually work!! I still can't get the text box/frame to sit on top of the underline like I would like, ( would like the option of text going through the frame, but that's not available)but I've given up on keeping the underline in the document anyway. Thanks so much for your help!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice