Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inserting text in Word doc using Forms toolbar-text keeps moving as I type

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  school secretary 
#1 ·
I'm having exactly the same problem. I want to insert data into the text form field, but I do NOT want the text in the document to move out as I type. I want the data to fit in the underlined space I've provided, without bumping out the characters outside of the form field area. It's been suggested I use the "fixed column width" but that isnt an option I have available. I have Windows XP Professional version 2002, using Windows 2003. No one has been able to answer this question, so maybe the answer is a different application needs to be used, if so, which one?Thanks.

#2 ·
that is what usually happens if it is just a .wri or .doc that someone has renamed .dot [a template],
- the 'work-a-round' to that is to 'copy' the text you wish to add - then 'swipe' the 'underlined space' - right-click and choose 'paste' [the text you 'copied'] - or click the 'edit' menu and and choose 'paste' - then you have to 'swipe' it again and 'underline' it
-OR-
- 'swipe the 'underlined space' and type the info in - then do as above to underline it again

#6 ·
I think that might actually work!! I still can't get the text box/frame to sit on top of the underline like I would like, ( would like the option of text going through the frame, but that's not available)but I've given up on keeping the underline in the document anyway. Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.