1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Insistent malware, just won't leave. D': HELP!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by CandiedJester, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CandiedJester

CandiedJester Thread Starter

I have had a malware virus for the past few days.
    I have tried using malwarebytes, in safe mode, it found the infections and I told it to remove them, but when I rebooted in normal the infection was still there. I tried scanning again in normal and it found nothing. I tried using another removal service, web md or web doctor, something like that, in safe mode and that failed to remove the problem as well.

I installed panda cloud antivirus and scanned, it found a trojan virus and some cookies, but I couldn't find how to get the program to remove them. I looked at the log and it said it had removed them, but the virus is STILL there.

I have tried using system restore in safe mode and normal mode, both times I click on system restore and nothing pops up. I click on it again and it says system restore is already running.

Gaaahhhh I am so frusterated. I just want all the problems gone. ;~;

Can anyone help me? Please?

2. CandiedJester

CandiedJester Thread Starter

I finally got system restpre to work, it appears to be gone, but now everything is moving very slowly. >:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice