Inspiron 15-7568 Black Screen Only

Try and get a loan or take laptop with you. To check if error message disappears.
try before you buy

Kolias

Nicolas
Good idea Peter but the laptop is open and removed the battery, the port where the AC plugs and the HDD and take these items with me. In any case if I don’t use them since I know the guy I can take them back. If the laptop doesn’t work after, then I will have no other options to fix it but I will try to run the diagnostic to see if it comes with a suggestion (bad me, I should have done that when I had the message in front of me)

The HDD I take with me to buy an SSD

Kolias

Nicolas
No good news Peter, the store only had a replacement power cord which I got but trying it out now I have AGAIN a black screen. Put back the originals power cord and I get black screen again. Tried out whatever combination and still black screen. The fans spins, I can feel the HDD turning, the keyboard is lit and no matter which key combination I press the black screen remains. I still believe that the power port (where the AC cord plugs) is defective but taking a chance to order it? not sure about it. Question is why yesterday I got it going and now I can’t, I don’t have the answer.

When we were at the store my ex (laptop belongs to her and I help) looked at other used laptops and she liked an HP with Inter dual core (forget other details but better than what she has now) and 8GB RAM for CAD$425.00. Plan now is to go back to the store tomorrow, return what I bought and get the HP unless I get the bloody old laptop to come back to life again!

Cheers

Question is why yesterday I got it going and now I can’t, I don’t have the answer.
Welcome to the wonderful world of IT.
If you do buy another keep this and keep going could be a great learning curve for you.
Take the AC plug out again. Remove ram.
Reseat both - boot

Kolias

Nicolas
The problem was that I had the battery installed and I remember yesterday the battery was out. Removing the battery the screen came alive again. I run now the diagnostic and basically all it said at the end “Battery/Adapter are bad”.

I also did a search with this: “Inspiron 15-7568 Alert: the AC power adapter wattage and type can’t be determined” Many answers and among them is to install new AC adapter, Battery and replace the power port and if the problem persists then the charging circuit in the MB is bad (the MB is good, just that charge circuit which means you need a new MB).

So yes I will keep the laptop as a “winter project” but no more work on it now. Battery and new DELL cord will cost about CAD$120, too much to spent if I may also have to replace the MB

Cheers

Kolias

Nicolas
He has no batteries because according to him batteries are dangerous to store and a “real pain” to check, and organize so he can find what a customer wants. I agree

Regarding the power port, I did clean both ends, the one on the laptop and the other one at the end of the AC adapter. On the search I did many said the often the pin at the center is broken or bent because people are not careful how they plug it which is true. My pin is good, clean and the pin straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online