1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron 1501 no hard drive detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dnichole88, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnichole88

dnichole88 Thread Starter

I had problems with my laptop a couple years ago so I had to buy a new computer and now I'm trying to see if it is worth fixing so I can give it to my niece. Its an inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista

When turning on the computer it goes to the windows logo then to: battery not identified, PXE-E61: media test failure check cable, PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PEX ROM, and last operating system not found. In the boot menu DST Short Test failed giving error code 2000-0141 msg: no drive detected. When running full test the graphics test failed.

After researching I have come to the conclusion my hard drive is done for, I'm ok with loosing everything on it, but with these other errors I'm not sure if they are caused by the hard drive or other problems in the computer. Not sure if I should try to fix it or just buy her a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dnichole88

dnichole88 Thread Starter

Also, I thought about running my operating system cd, but was a little worried about doing so. Wasn't sure if running it would cause any more problems. That's the last thing I need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice