1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron 2650 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrisj1226, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisj1226

chrisj1226 Thread Starter

OK,
    The Laptop is a P4 1.6 40GHDD 512 ram fdd, cd/rw dvd.
    It was operating fine. I transported it (safely.... no drops etc...)
    Pulled it out and it wouldnt boot. No backlight, no monitor. I pulled the battery and after several cycles of on and off I got the blue Dell screen where it hung. After another few on/off cycles XP started to boot, while booting I popped the battery back in and it hung. The blue windows loading bar froze. I shut it down and since then it wont boot at all. No error beeps unless I pull the 512 card from under the KB. I have tried both of my HDDs, to no avail. I have tried booting with and without the CPU, HDD, CD/DVD, FDD, KB, RAM, my right index finger in my left ear while waving a flag with my left hand, and all possible variations thereof.
    The power light does come on, the HDD spins, the cd will make detection noises when a disc is inserted, the CPU fan cycles, but no dice. I tried an external monitor, no green dot, only orange. If this was a desktop I wouldn't be posting, I would just start w/the vid card and move on down the line to the MB, HOWEVER my expertise in laptopland is limited. ANy ideas out there? My thought is a new MB, but I would lose my mind if I replaced it and found out I could have moved a jumper and then restarted.
    Any help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice