1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron 660 No boot device available after 7 or 8 install

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by PK-her0, Nov 23, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

cnt thank you enough that worked!!! really impressed with you!!! what can i do fo you,anything...hanks again..total legend!!!

2. dckeks

dckeks

Thank you. You are very welcome. Likes are always appreciated. Did you get it working on both computers. What remote desktop software are you using? I don’t know why it would not work on Win 8.1. I use Teamviewer for all my remote desktop use and its a great program. Its free for all personal use. Check it out below if interested. Let us know if you need anything else.

https://www.teamviewer.us

Also please mark the thread Solved if you don’t need anything else.

3. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

damn its not working on the other one did the exact same thing but no boot disk found at all
    any ideas

4. dckeks

dckeks

Is the other computer the one you uploaded the picture showing the error about not being sble to be installed on GPT partition? If so, you will need to add another,option to the commands I provided?

5. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

No that was the one that got fixed ran the same procedure on the other one and no dice.

6. dckeks

dckeks

7. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

hey thanks for your help

i thought 7 was extended support till January 14, 2020

i dont like team viewer as even under one account i have noticed a lot of adverts and disconnects due to licensing

but look i will take your advice, there are lots of products
    teamviewer logmein gotomypc etc might be more secure than rdp?

so yes please help me install 8 again...thanks again for the help

8. dckeks

dckeks

You are right it is supported until then I was mistaken. Yes, there are lots of rdp options if you don’t like Teamviewer. I have never experienced those issues and have always used the free version with many computers over the years.

Lets start by doing the following and paste the output.

Type diskpart
    list disk

9. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

heya!!! looks very similar to the last one,pic down below!!! again...cant thank you enough

Attached Files:

10. dckeks

dckeks

Okay. Its been a busy day i will follow up tom or remind me if I forget

11. dckeks

dckeks

Please pay attention and check the following in the link below. Let me know if you still have issues

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

• Set the boot mode to use UEFI and not CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in your UEFI firmware settings.
    • Temporarily disable Secure Boot in your UEFI firmware settings. Some motherboards will not boot from a USB unless you do this first. When the Windows installation is finished, you can enable secure boot if you like.
    • If you have fast boot or ultra-fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware (if supported), then you may need to temporarily disable it until Windows has finished installing to be able to boot from a USB flash drive at boot.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199994