1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron 7437 screen wont wake up

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Longhornpn, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Longhornpn

Longhornpn Thread Starter

Hi recently my Dell screen has not been able to wake up from an extended sleep. The laptop starts up but the screen remains blank. The only way I can get the screen on is to reboot the computer. I've had this issue for a week now and it has come out of nowhere. I've tried updating my drivers as well as many other things I have seen online and nothing has worked. My laptop is running windows 8.1

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Which drivers have you updated please and where from the Dell site or elsewhere
    2. Send please the results of this as a copy and paste of the information in the white box when you run the utility
    https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
    3. It is likely to be either a driver issue or some software installed about the time the problem occurred

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you tried logging out and then logging back in?
    NOT "Switch User".

4. Longhornpn

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8090 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 454 GB (368 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 030KH3
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

5. Macboatmaster

Thanks for the spec
    Please answer
    when you reply please type in box that appears when you return to the topic, not by clicking reply on my last post, that as you can see quotes my post back to me

IF you do not have this driver for the integrated HD graphics install from here
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...phics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497
    the latest 64bit exe version.
    REBOOT and retest

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. Longhornpn

I don't remember exactly which drivers I updated but I updated them from the Dell site. The problem had also started before I had done any updates on my laptop

7. Macboatmaster

So have you tried my suggestion then

Albeit the problem started before the updates - it may still be an update that will solve the problem

There is a workaround by disabling sleep in advanced power options however the likely as I said is a driver that is not fully compatible with a windows update

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice